Tuesday, December 1, 2009

His Name


This year we have started a new Nash family tradition. Each night we will put a Christmas ornament on the tree that has a name of Jesus written on it. I want the boys to know our Jesus. He is amazing and beyond our wildest dreams. He IS the reason for this season. I want these ornaments to be something that we do every December. When the boys come home from college, I want them to expect for Mom and Dad to still be putting up the ornaments. When they get married, I want to share this with their wives. When they bring our grandchildren home, I want to share. I want our kids to know our love for God's most amazing gift to us...His Son.




Immanuel

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" - which means, "God with us."

Matthew 1:22-23



Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Matthew 28:20



I love that this is how Matthew starts and ends. God is with us. This is such a comfort to me. I do not like to be alone and this is a reminder that I am not. He is always with me and He should be the one that I completely depend upon. Christ being Immanuel is God's step to be with us and be human. He completely understands who He is loving and what He is forgiving...me! Praise God for Immanuel. May our eyes be open to see Him with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL TRADTION TO START!!
DO YOU ALREADY HAVE THE ORNAMENTS OR ARE YOU FINDING THEM AS GO?
LOVE,
MOM

Tammy said...

I made all of them with red and silver ball ornaments. Justin and I are trading off each night talking to the boys. It is really a fun time.