Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day Two

We started this morning just like Rachel Ray...checking out where the locals eat. I will have pictures of it tomorrow. I am too tired to figure out which camera the pictures are in.

We went back to the caverns right after breakfast. The boys had completed the Junior Badge program and we needed to get their badges. We decided to walk down the natural entrance. I should have done some stretching exercises to start the walk...wow. It took over an hour to get to the bottom. Watching the boys was worth every minute.

We stopped by Walmart and to get sandwich items and headed out of town. Lunch was sandwiches made by me going down the road. This has become sort of a tradition for us when we travel. At this point we knew that we were not going to make it to White Sands today, so we took the scenic route to Ruidoso through Cloudcroft. We saw many turkeys and deer. By the way, have you ever heard my dad make a turkey call. Pretty impressive. We were all trying it in the car and have decided that he is the best at it. We also saw two huge elk. They look so strong and beautiful. They were too quick for me to count the points.

This evening we went swimming at the hotel and sat in the hot tub for our not so young legs. The boys are watching Myth Busters and I am going to bed.

More tomorrow...Goodnight!

No comments: