I noticed that I have had a few comments on my last blog from my dear old sister. So this one is for you, Melissa!
Life here at the Nash House has been crazy for a few weeks. We are definitely ready for a break. On Saturday we finished basketball at 12:00 and we were at baseball tryouts at 12:30. Cole had a great basketball season and it was fun to see if he had any interest. I think he might. He scored in almost every game and had some great rebounds. Why do tall kids not jump? We were noticing that all of the really tall kids just stand with their hands over everyone, but they are not aggressive at all. It sure would be fun if he finds that he really likes the game.
The boys were both going to play baseball, but Cole decided at the last minute to not play. He would like to try soccer. Hmmm, have you ever seen a soccer player that is really really tall? We took Jaxon to tryouts and waited in line for over an hour. I was just glad that I was in the upper 1/3 of the line. I didn't realize how serious some parents are about their child's baseball. These kids had their own helmets and they were dressed and ready to play the part. Poor Jaxon he wore his basketball shoes and had a glove. We had to borrow a bat. I told him to watch the other kids to see how they were trying out. When he got a few away from going on the field, I asked him if he had any questions. He said, "No, I think I have it. It looks like to me that I will try to hit 2 balls...which no one is hitting. I will run to 2nd, pick up my glove, catch a fly ball, and 2 ground balls. I will then run to 1st and catch a couple of balls." Jaxon took the field and went to home plate. He then asked the pitcher to wait while he took a couple of practice swings. He nodded to the pitcher and was ready. Yes, he is a very serious child. He then hits both balls to outfield. I think he knew what was going on. Meanwhile, I think Cole was calculating the speed of balls while standing next to me. :)
3 comments:
Great story! I heard he was top pick at the draft. Doesn't surprise me, he is always on top of things. Doesn't surprise me on the Cole thing however I don't think he can calculate the speed to go find his own shoes.
It's nice that Jaxon can wear basketball shoes, borrow bats - and still do well. More importantly - that he enjoys it! Those second boys seem so much more relaxed - and seem to have more fun!
Melissa,
For some reason your comment about Cole reminded me of the time we left him in charge of the babies in the playroom while we were scrap booking.
If I remember right he put one of them on the bed so they wouldn't get to his toys. He didn't think about them rolling off the bed. OUCH!
What were we thinking?
Post a Comment