Saturday, January 6, 2007

A New Beginning

Okay...here we go. I am now entering the "blog" world. For many years I have wanted to journal for the boys. I cannot remember where I put my keys everyday. I don't know how I will remember all of the awesome stories that the boys have blessed us with. I hope to reminisce and tell new stories. Rod and Barbara, this is also for you. I want you to know the boys like we do and to know their sweet hearts. Hopefully, through this blog you will feel like you are watching the boys grow up.

Cole (9 years old)
He has a heart just like his Dad. He would give EVERYTHING to ANYONE. He makes friends with everyone on the playground. He has a way of looking past the outside of someone and seeing the soul the Jesus loves. He has a natural intelligence that I would love to have. I was a good student, because I could repeat a process over and over. Cole understands the process and can apply it. I love to listen to his thought process. He loves to read. I hope that he never loses that love. Right now he is reading one chapter book a day at school. He has started writing a little. He is very creative and has a great imagination.

Jaxon
(6 years old)
What a fun-spirited child. He absolutely loves life. His little face tells it all. A stranger today told him he could see mischief in his eyes. He is so right. Poor kid...if anything happens we always ask Jaxon first. Jaxon likes for everything to be fair. Well, that is fair in his eyes. He loves to help in everything we do...cleaning, cooking, and being the boss of Cole. He is a great student as far as kindergarten goes. He is Miss Toole's helper and spider killer. He even cleans up the spider mess when he is done. He is just now beginning to find the world of books. He has extremely neat handwriting.

What parenting has taught me so far...

I have learned to be much more dependent on God. I have realized that I am not in complete control. I do not like this lesson, but I have found it to be easier to let God protect them. He does a much better job. What a great partnership...getting to raise your kids along side our Father.
The boys have taught me what is truly important. Like who cares what my house looks like. It is much more fun to just sit in the floor to play a game, watch a movie, or wrestle. It is important to have what we call a family night. This means all of us get in mom and dad's bed to watch t.v. or read a book before bed. It is important right now, because we all will not fit very soon. The boys are too big!
Their little giggles keep me young. You cannot help but laugh and smile when you hear their giggles. No cares in the world. I hope they can always laugh like that.
I am more and more amazed at a heavenly Father that has blessed me with these two. He knew exactly what would complete my life!!

No comments: