Monday, January 8, 2007

Ouch!


The black eye Jaxon got last night reminded me of all the many times Jaxon has gotten hurt. I am so thankful he is a boy, because scars look really cool on boys.

When Jaxon was three we were walking into the baseball field for Cole's first baseball game. It was a very cold early spring morning. Grandmom and Granddad had come to see the event. Justin had gone to the game early with Cole for batting practice. We were walking in with Jaxon. He had a brand new Columbia down jacket on and he could not move his arms. He stumbled and fell to the ground. He could not move his arms in front of him to catch his fall, so his head hit first. The blood started gushing and the screaming began. I held it together pretty well until I saw white matter at the wound. I thought it might be his brains! We called for Justin and he assured me it was not his brains, but just a little baby fat. He did need a few stitches. Grandmom and Granddad stayed for the game and we went to the ER with Jax. He was a real trooper while they gave him his stitches. He only cried when the doctor got in the way of his cartoons on the television.

About a year later, we were out at the High Plains Children's Home taking some photographs of a senior. While Justin was taking pictures, I thought Cole would get a kick out of sitting in my lap and steering the car. We were going pretty slow and just in a parking lot. What could it hurt! Jaxon of course was not in his car seat. When were done, I said that it was time to stop and Cole heard me. I forgot how long his legs are and that he can reach the brake. Cole immediately stomped on the brake. Jaxon came flying through the suburban and hit the dash. He bled everywhere and screamed. We were afraid to take him to the ER AGAIN so soon. Justin glued him up.

One summer day, Jaxon came in to report he THOUGHT he MIGHT have swallowed a small silver ball. When asked what he meant by might, he said well actually I did swallow it. It was a small silver ball that went to the Bullseye game. I convinced myself that we HAD to find it. Yes, like any good mother I would put his poop in a ziplock bag and search. After 4 or 5 days we had not found the ball. We were leaving for Wyoming soon and I did not want to be on the trip and have to make a trip to the ER. I took him to the doctor and we had to get an x-ray. There it was taking its sweet time through his little body. We had stayed close to home during this time so that we would be using our bathroom. I ventured out to run a few errands and of course it decided to exit. We were in JC Penney's and Jaxon announced to everyone he was ready to poop the ball. I will have you know that I was prepared. I carried gloves and a ziploc bag in my purse and he was right. In the nastiest bathroom in town we found the ball. I took it out and cleaned it REALLY well. I announced to Jaxon here it is. He took one look at it and said, "that is not the ball that I swallowed, mine was silver." You see his stomach had turned this ball black and when it went in it was silver. We still have the ball. A few months later he came running out the playroom to announce he had done it again. I sure hope that one passed, because I am done!

Last night Jaxon and Cole were wrestling in the dining room and a plate rack fell. Yes, it found its way right to Jaxon's eye. It is a great shiner. Poor child I hope he makes it one piece!

No comments: