Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Apricot Fried Pies

The other day we drove by a resturant called Original Fried Pies. Since then I have been hungry for an apricot fried pie. My Granny made the best fried pies and she always had them stocked in her deep freeze.
Well tonight I made some. I totally cheated...store bought pie crust and apricot jam. I was so hungry for them that I burned my tongue eating them way before they cooled inside. I don't know how she did it, but mine don't taste like hers. Sitting down eating them still brings back great memories of a super meek and gentle woman. God sure knew what he was doing when he created grandparents. I never think of mine without smiling. Thanks Granny for the fried pies and the smiles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fried pies bring good memories. She loved making them, especially for grandkids.

Liss and MOMMY said...

Are you kidding? I thought she just made those fried pies for me...she made them for everyone.