Friday, May 30, 2008

A Pedorthist or Pedorkus

Justin and I will have our 13th wedding anniversary this summer. I have been teaching for 13 years and Justin has been in the emergency medical profession for about 15 years. We both really enjoy our jobs and are very content. I like routine and predictability. Well, things are about to really change.

A few weeks ago Justin received a phone call from a doctor's office asking if Justin would be interested in working for him. After one week of conversations, we decided we could not pass up this opportunity. I prayed that God would help keep our eyes open to every part of this job so that it didn't seem so sugar-coated and we could make a good decision for our family. There was never a time that we doubted that this was a blessing completely given to us without us asking...which is pretty overwhelming.

Justin will finish with the ambulance service here on the 11th of June and begin to work for Dr. Bullard, a podiatrist, on the 16th. Justin will spend most of July at OSU going to school to become a pedorthist. Cole likes to call him a pedorkus. :) The doctor has been unbelievably gracious to us and seems like an amazing man to work for.

Justin will work from 8-5 Monday through Thursday and 8-12 on Friday. He will have patients and appointments. That is weird to say...hee, hee. He will fit people for special insoles and shoes. He will actually make the insoles in the office in the lab.

This month marks 17 years that Justin and I went on our first date. All but about 2 of those years Justin has worked shift work. Every six months his schedule would change. It was either go in very early or come home very late. Many holidays have been celebrated on other dates so that we could celebrate them with Justin. He now has holidays with us.

I pray that we use these new experiences to praise Him and use the new time we have with the boys wisely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammy, what an awesome opportunity for Justin and your whole family. You mentioned yesterday that he was going to be starting school but I didn't ask what for. That is great. Enjoyed visiting with you yesterday. Have a great summer.