Monday, January 28, 2008

Hard Lessons

Last week Jaxon got in trouble for the usual fighting with Cole. I sent him to his room and went in a few minutes later to talk to him. We finished talking about it and I sat down beside him. I asked him how his day went at school. He said that he not been very good. I asked him to tell me more. He said with a trembling voice, "Mom, God has been telling me to tell you something for awhile, but I don't want to do it. But, he keeps on telling me to do it." Then he starts crying hard. Oh my, what could it be I was prepared for the worst. "I cheated on my spelling test last week. I am so sorry." I just sat there and held him telling him that it would be okay. I had remembered that he had made a 74 so in all of my brilliance I told him that he did not cheat off of someone very smart! He told me that if I would go back and look that he got the first 4 correct. That is when he got caught by the teacher. I told him that I would rather him miss them all than for him to cheat. I also told him that I pray that if he and Cole will always be caught if they are doing something wrong. He did not like that and will have to probably wait until he is a parent to understand that one.
Later that evening Justin and I asked him if he would like some input on his punishment. He thought that he should be grounded from the Wii, PS2, computer, and TV for 8 weeks!! We negotiated to one week!
I have learned my lesson also...working on spelling in the suburban on the way to school doesn't work.

1 comment:

TREY MORGAN said...

Glad to find you guys in the blogging world. I LOVE the family picture. You guys look great. Justin has aged, but you haven't! :)

Hope you guys are good. Tell Justin hello for me.

Blessings