Friday, January 4, 2008
The phone call
The boys went to a friends house tonight for a sleepover. Justin and I had supper at home, played on the computer, listened to music, and went for ice cream. We came home and I put on my nice flannel pajamas, just like any old woman (so Justin says). I had just laid down on the couch to watch the news when the phone rang. Yes, it was Jaxon. "I think that I am ready to come home now." I handed the phone to Justin because I knew he would be much better at this than me. He tried to explain that if he could just hold on through the night that he would be proud of himself for being brave. It is something you need to do in the process of growing up, but if he wanted we could go get him. Well needless to say we went to get him. I even went in my flannel pj's. He walked down the sidewalk with Justin trying to still act sad and also trying to hide the grin. He was safe now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment